Centre for Cellular and Molecular
Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian
citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D.
Degree. The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of
Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental
Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology,
Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of
Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of
science and a valid National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC,
DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering,
Pharmacy or Medicine and a valid fellowship for pursuing a Ph.D. degree
are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology
or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least
- B.Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of
at least 85.0 percentile.
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for
pursuing Ph.D. at CCMB.
- Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET)
examination need not apply.
- M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm candidates qualified in GATE/GPAT
are not eligible to apply.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 17-04-2017, which
is relaxable by 5 years as per the Govt. of India rule for
SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically Handicapped candidates.
Candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their applications
online by 22-04-2017
through this link Click here.
Written Test and Interview:
- Online applications will be screened and the eligible
candidates will be called for a computer based written test at one of
their preferred centers among the 19 test centers across the country on
- Candidates qualifying in the written test will be
called to appear for interview at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular
Biology, Hyderabad on 29-05-2017
(preliminary) and 30-05-2017
For inquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- There is no walk-in for the written test.
- Candidates will have to make their own arrangements
for travel, stay, etc. at the examination centre and/or in Hyderabad
for interviews. Travelling allowance is not payable by CCMB.
- Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements
stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person
for selection. The decision of CCMB in this regard shall be final.
Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or
otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.