Contact Details |
Determination of mammalian gene functions using gene targeting (gene knockout) in murine embryonic stems cells and analysis of the resultant phenotype in embryonic stems cells and their differentiated cell types/ whole organism. Some of the on-going research projects include: Functional and Structural Analysis of Casein Locus and Evolution of Lactation, Functional Analysis of Wdr13 Gene, and Role of Argonaut2 Gene in Self-renewal and Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells.Biodiversity, Domestication and Genome Analysis of Livestock Species.
| Click here for team members | Click here for publications|
- Satish Kumar, A. Clarke, M.L. Hooper, J. Leaver, D. Horne, A. Law, E. Stevenson, A. Springbette and J.P. Simons (1994). Milk composition and lactation of b-casein deficient mice. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, USA. 91: 6138-6142.
- P. Chandra Shekar, Sandeep Goel, S. Deepa Selvi Rani, D. Partha Sarathi, Jomini Liza Alex, Shashi Singh and Satish Kumar (2006). K-Casein deficient mice fail to lactate. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, USA 103: 8000-8005.
- Satish Kumar, Jalaj Gupta, Niraj Kumar, Kirti Dikshit, Naveen Navani, Pradeep Jain, Muniyandi Nagarajan (2006). Genetic variation and relationships among eight Indian riverine buffalo breeds. Molecular Ecology 15: 593-6002.
- Vijay Pratap Singh, Chandrashekaran Gurunathan, Sachin Singh, Bhavtaran Singh, B. Jyothi Lakshmi, Arun Prakash Mishra and Satish Kumar (2015). Genetic deletion of Wdr13 improves metabolic phenotype of Leprdb/db mice by modulating AP1 and PPARγ target genes. Diabetologia 58: 384-92
- Muniyandi Nagarajan, Koodali Nimisha and Satish Kumar (2015). Mitochondrial DNA variability of domestic river buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) populations: Genetic evidence for domestication of river buffalo in Indian sub-continent. Genome Biology and Evolution 7(5):1252
- Vijay Pratap Singh, Jomini Liza Alex, B. Jyothi Lakshmi, S.Purnima Sailasree, T. Avinash Raj and Satish Kumar (2015). Role of mouse Wdr13 in placental growth; a genetic evidence for lifetime body weight determination by placenta during development. Scientific Reports 5, 13371; doi: 10.1038/srep13371